Today it is simple. We are going on a treasure hunt. No tools needed. No vehicle required. You do not need to change your schedule nor alter your day. All you need is to pay attention. These are all things placed before us, hidden in plain sight.
So here we go:
- Find small joys hidden among the craziness.
- Find a moment of laughter despite the circumstances.
- Find treasures of peace in the chaos and the noise.
- Find glimmers of hope in the dark parts of our lives.
- Find the bit of extra energy needed to be kind.
- Find God loving you when you can’t even love yourself.
- Find a moment to breathe, taking in God’s lovingkindness and breathing out the harmful things we are holding onto.
- Find a moment just to be.
God is here. And that is all we need.
May your treasure hunt result in a whole collection of good things today. Happy Monday!
O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever.
Photos included in Devotions are captured by David Cain – The Cain Gallery. Photos are available for sale by contacting The Cain Gallery